Where do you think our future infrastructure dollars will come from?
Leadership & Road Pricing Summit
Talking Tolls: What’s leadership got to do with it?
Congestion charging. Priced networks. High Occupancy Toll Lanes. These road pricing systems are being implemented around the world in order to reduce congestion, fight climate change and generate revenues for sustainable transportation infrastructure. But why would politicians anywhere support road pricing in the face of widespread opposition? How do they communicate road pricing benefits and costs to the public? What can we learn from their experiences?
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to talk tolls with:
- · Bruce Starr, Senator & Chair, Road User Fee Task Force, Oregon State Legislature, Oregon
- · Emil Kolb, Chair, Peel Region, Ontario
- · Frank Klees, MPP & Transportation Critic, Ontario Progressive Conservative Party
- · Gilles Bisson, MPP & Transportation Critic, Ontario New Democratic Party
- · Joyce Frustaglio, Regional Councillor, City of Vaughan & Chair, York Region Transit
- · Melissa Mark-Viverito, Council Member, New York City Council, New York
- · Peter Fassbender, Mayor, City of Langley & Chair, TransLink Mayors’ Council on Regional Transportation, British Columbia
- · Peter Milczyn, Councillor, City of Toronto, Ontario
- · Richard Bergeron, Leader, Projet Montréal & Councillor, Plateau-Mont-Royal, Montreal, Quebec
Transport Futures Summit 2010 takes place on June 18, 2010, in Toronto.
Seating is limited. Register today to take advantage of our Early Bird Rates.
Visit www.transportfutures.ca for full program details!!